Newstalgia Motors Presents Car No. 00185:
1963 Ford Falcon Futura Resto-Mod
This Falcon Futura has found a new home!
However, we'd be happy to locate another one just for you.
This little Falcon Futura is just Bad to the Bone! Starting life as a real "F" code 260 V8 Falcon built in the San Jose, CA Ford Plant, it has spent its entire life in the dry climate of Southern California; meaning no patch work, no Bondo and absolutely rust free. It has not been restored, has all of its original sheet metal and only had 1 re-paint in 1989. You will definitely turn heads with this perfectly street-legal hot rod while cruising the main, hitting local car shows and cruise-ins or bracket racing on weekends at the drag strip.
- Exterior: The like-new Corinthian White paint and tasteful graphics really complement the laser-straight body panels on this Falcon. All of the stainless, bright work, chrome, etc. is remarkably free of blemishes for the age of the car.
- Interior: The all-business interior features Jaz Pro-High Back seats with Jaz Racing seat covers, Jaz Floor-Mount 5-point harnesses, Auto Meter tach and gauges, and B&M Mega Shifter. The dash and dash pad are unmolested as are the very nice original door panels.
- Engine and Driveline: The engine is a professionally prepared Ford 302 small block dynoed at 500+ hp, with 1969 351 cu. in. Windsor ported iron heads fitted with Crane Double Valve Springs, TRW 1.94/1.60 valves with hardened seats, cast iron studded crank, Arias forged .030 over 12.5 to 1 pistons, Total Seal rings, Crower rods, Crower, Clevite rod and main bearings, Crane solid lifter .533/.555 lift @ 310/320 degree Roller Cam, Crane 1.6 roller rockers, double roller timing set Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake, Holley 850cfm re-worked to 900cfm carb, MSD 7AL-2 ignition and Pro-Billet distributor, Hooker Jet Hot coated headers with aero chambers, Ford 9" rear end with spool, 4.11 gear set and Sterling 33-spline axles. ARP fasteners used throughout! Front and rear suspension and steering gear has been totally rebuilt with all new bushings, bearings, fasteners, etc. using the highest quality available parts. Gas charged shocks added in front and rear. Drum brakes front and rear have all new components. Rear of frame was notched with the springs moved inboard using custom made sub-frames and rails reinforced and welded.
- Wheels and Tires: Weld Racing Polished Draglite 15" wheels all around on 15x45 front tires and Goodyear Eagle 30x15 drag slicks in rear. Slicks have only 1 pass on them to determine speed and E.T.
- Performance: 1/4 mile is 11.32 @ 118 mph and 1/8 mile is 10:01. Car will run on pump gas but prefers 112 octane race fuels.
Additional images available upon request.